Packard bell cant connect to wifi

G

Hi, I have a packard bell easynote gn45 and it suddenly wont connect to wifi. This just started today. I haven't done anything different to the laptop. The wifi light flashes but it doesnt detect any networks . The home wifi is working fine for other devices (like the one i'm now using) so it's not the problem.

I'm running windows7. Not overly knowledgable about computers so any help appreciated.

chris13th

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Troubleshoot. Disable and re-enable the wireless adapter with either a toggle, button or software (depending on what you have). Still no dice? Reboot. Still nothing? hardwire the laptop to the network and check Windows updates. Nothing still? go to manufacturer website and go get the latest wireless driver.

Oh yeah, and make sure the wireless adapter is turned on. To do that, go to Control panel, Network and sharing Center, then Change Adapter Settings. If it says Disabled, right click and enable it. Still no dice? make sure that there isn't a switch on your laptop for Wifi that you may have accidentally switched off.

Hope that helps.

G

Thank you. I updated the driver and i'm back online.
Thanks for ur help :)