Packard Bell Easynote TS P5WS0 Screen and Fan problem

Aug 14, 2018
Hey all,

I have recently purchased a faulty laptop to repair and was wondering what others thought of these problems and how best to deal with them.

The laptop seems to have 2 problems.
1) The screen does not work (laptop works fine with an external monitor), When i turn the power on for the laptop, the screen changes a shade but it does not turn on.
I have tried various methods which i found on the web for these sort of issues and nothing has worked.
I have also taken the whole laptop apart and cleaned it of dust etc.

2) When i turn the laptop on, the fan spins but stops within seconds.

Im wondering if both these problems are linked or independent?
Also for the screen, i was wondering if its the actual screen itself or the cable which attaches it to the motherboard?

Any suggestions or help with either of these issues are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Screen does not work, replace it, you may just need an inverter but could be an issue with backlight or LCD sreen.

Issue with fan, if system is working OK aside from that may not be an issue, fan does not always run in many laptops, only when it needs to cool the system. If fan does not turn on even when system is under load, could be a faulty fan or temp sensor on motherboard.

Considering this is about a 7 year old lower quality brand laptop, you could have bought a working one for the price of buying parts to fix it.
Screen does not work, replace it, you may just need an inverter but could be an issue with backlight or LCD sreen.

Issue with fan, if system is working OK aside from that may not be an issue, fan does not always run in many laptops, only when it needs to cool the system. If fan does not turn on even when system is under load, could be a faulty fan or temp sensor on motherboard.

Considering this is about a 7 year old lower quality brand laptop, you could have bought a working one for the price of buying parts to fix it.

Solution