Solved! Pairing A Samsung Non-Smart Remote UN70TU7000FXZA

Jul 8, 2020
How come, all of a sudden after we lost power due to a storm, by standard Samsung remote cannot sync with my Verizon Fios remote?

I have a brand new Samsung Crystal UHD 7 Series TV.
The TV did not come with a Smart remote but a standard remote (BN59-01315J).
The first time I setup my TV I was able to use all Verizon Fios Remote control features with my standard Samsung remote.
I can use my Verizon remote just fine on the TV.
I can use the Samsung remote for Samsung features.
I can no longer use my up/down channel buttons, numbers, guides, etc.
I changed the batteries.
I removed and re-added device.
I even reset my TV to factory defaults and went through the entire setup again and I still have the same problem.
Oh, almost forgot, the icon for verizon when you hit the home button on the Samsung remote no longer shows Fios but HDMI.
I went through ensuring all connections are secure and I have same results as I listed above.

Solution
Sounds like the Verizon box lost connection to the Samsung remote. Your TV does not play a part in this connection and neither does the FIOS remote, the Samsung remote has to control the FIOS cable box. Check with the manual for your remote of the FIOS box on how to pair them together.
Sounds like the Verizon box lost connection to the Samsung remote. Your TV does not play a part in this connection and neither does the FIOS remote, the Samsung remote has to control the FIOS cable box. Check with the manual for your remote of the FIOS box on how to pair them together.

Solution