PAN Makes Facebook ''Read-Only'' With New Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Facebook? nah.
Myspace? nah.
Here the only social "network" I have is my email and msn. And that's @ my house. I don't care for those "social" things basically because they ask too much personal info so you can always get "cloned"..

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
it would be best if facebook just dissapeared.

I am a user myself, and I absolutely hate it lately. it is so horrible, I just stay on it so that I can quickly contact anyone I need... aside from that, facebook used to be nice, but now it is absolutely pathetic.

It must DIE!!!

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
From Troy the movie, Hector says, somewhat:
"All my life I've lived by a code and the code is simple: Say no to drugs and extramarital sex, Say no to DRM, Facebook, MySpace and Norton and Say no to Apple and its Apple Tax."

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]it would be best if facebook just dissapeared. I am a user myself, and I absolutely hate it lately. it is so horrible, I just stay on it so that I can quickly contact anyone I need... aside from that, facebook used to be nice, but now it is absolutely pathetic. It must DIE!!![/citation]Apart from the whole security topic, it does seem like FB is getting worse and worse with every update. I too find it so annoying to use now that I only pull it up when I get a notification of a message or a physical event invite.
I wonder if a "Facebook Killer" will arive soon. One that will easily import your FB account and get you going quickly. One that will have improved security. Oh, and one that comes with free proxy access for @ work, lol.

lo_vaquero

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]
I wonder if a "Facebook Killer" will arive soon.
[/citation]

It's already here. It's called "real-life".

Turn off the computer, go outside and talk with the people you find out there. It's amazing how pleasurable...and civil...face-to-face conversation can be...

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Ya lo, because it's so easy for me to go outside hope on a plane from Afghan to the States, and visit my family and friends. I mean really it only takes a few minutes, what have I been doing all this time. Thanks for the wake up call..

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Ya lo, because it's so easy for me to go outside hope on a plane from Afghan to the States, and visit my family and friends. I mean really it only takes a few minutes, what have I been doing all this time. Thanks for the wake up call..[/citation]

Sounds like you signed up for the military. From one military service member to another, stop complaining. His point is valid. You can always get to know someone where you are a little better. We also have these amazing things people still like to get called letters. Try your hand at caligraphy.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]From Troy the movie, Hector says, somewhat:"All my life I've lived by a code and the code is simple: Say no to drugs and extramarital sex, Say no to DRM, Facebook, MySpace and Norton and Say no to Apple and its Apple Tax."[/citation]
Well played sir. Post of the Day.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Not complaing stating the simple facts. I know damn near everybody I work with. As far as letters ya that's genious cause you know it's same day mail LMAO! Don't get me wrong there would be times were letters would be just fine. But why? Seriously.. Email/facebook really is the same crap. Only difference is the time it takes for them to get it, and instead of being on paper it's on the computer. Unless you're one of those sentimental fools who thinks writing is just so much more personal then typing.

Not to mention facebook is free! You see I'm not the one complaining these idiots are. Bitching about something that's free ya.. That's full of win.

Seriously if you don't like something that's free.. Hey cool.. But seriously no need to whine and cry about it either. It's as stupid as people bitching about "can it play crysis". Is it's seriously that hard to ignore things for you kids.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
My work doesn't block facebook. At least I don't think they do, I've seen other people using it. Don't have an account myself though.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Sort of sounds like a useful tool, but like almost all other companies, we've simply blocked it instead. There's just not enough reason to take the risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.