Panasonic viva hdtv 1080i has yellow picture

Sunnygirl

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
I was given a 62 inch Panasonic 1080i hdtv which has a yellow picture. I was told that all it needed was a new bulb, however after replacing the bulb, the picture is still showing yellow.
Can someone help with what else the problem could be?

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
If you replced the bulb, I have to assume its an LCD, or DLP. Either way, it's probably the light block. I'm not sure how much you are willing to sink into it to get it repaired, but currently, a Sony SXRD light block is going for around 850 installed. LCD might be a bit cheaper. It probably wouldnl't hurt to have a shop take a look, and give you an esimate, but i'd expect the repair to cost nearly as much as a brand new Mitsu DLP, or even close to an entry level 60 inch LCD or Plasma.

Sunnygirl

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

Thanks, I read somewhere as well that perhaps it might be the blue filter. Is that a possibility do you think, or definitely the light block?

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
It's certainly a possiblility. Unfortunately, the light block is a sealed enclosure that contains all 3 RGB color panels in the case of SXRD or LCD, or the DMD and color wheel in the case of a DLP. You aren't able to just repair one piece of it. Its all or nothing.

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Its a possibility. If you have access to the service manual, and are good with a voltage tester. I'd guess parts are going to be in the range of 500, but i'd call panasonic's parts department to verify.