Pandigital Goes Head To Head With Kindle Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"If it is the software and services package..."

Has Steve Jobs taught us nothing?!? It's ALL about software and services package for God's sake. You think one stupid camera (and lower RAM!) will make up for that? I got a bridge to sell ya.

lipoly

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
"Neither tablet qualifies for the Android Market due to the lack of certain sensors such as a GPS unit"

The only relevant sensor the Fire doesn't have is a GPS (according to http://tablets.findthebest.com/q/82/2914/What-features-does-Amazon-Kindle-Fire-tablet-have) ...the Fire has an accelerometer and gyroscope. There are about 4 games that require a GPS. If it doesn't have the Android Market preloaded I'm assuming its just b/c Amazon doesn't want it there. However, I'd be shocked if it doesn't have full access to the Amazon Android App Store.

lipoly

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]lipoly[/nom]"Neither tablet qualifies for the Android Market due to the lack of certain sensors such as a GPS unit"The only relevant sensor the Fire doesn't have is a GPS (according to http://tablets.findthebest.com/q/8 [...] blet-have) ...the Fire has an accelerometer and gyroscope. There are about 4 games that require a GPS. If it doesn't have the Android Market preloaded I'm assuming its just b/c Amazon doesn't want it there. However, I'd be shocked if it doesn't have full access to the Amazon Android App Store.[/citation]

Ok, I'm preparing for the downvote on that one..that site shows the Fire having a GPS so it clearly can't be trusted (although I'd be surprised if it doesn't have accelerometer/gyroscope given I've seen promotional pics w/it playing Abduction...a game that requires them).

G

This phrase utterly disqualify it from consideration for me: "resistive touch screen"

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
me too!

tab makers have no imagination (other then amazon) everyone just did copy and paste copies of the iPad hoping to be successful, and then finally Amazon puts something out that's truly unique, and now everyone is gonna hop on the cheap 7"tab train trying to copy the Fire

G

Pandigital has low resolution screen 800 x 600 on supernova. Kindle has 1024 x 600 on its 7" screen.

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
Resistive touch is on the Nova, not the Super Nova. The Nova is already rooted and the Super Nova looks like it's just a matter of having a sample or two to "tinker" with. Pandigital makes a sturdy machine but industry news is saying the Fire will, initially, be sold at a loss. It's gonna be a tossup. Either one is gonna have to show me something special to take me away from the Nook Color.

tranzz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Hannspee hannspad has never been mentioned as a cheap android tablet. It is available with capacitive touch and dual core cpu ~£150

G

Why anyone would want a resistive touch device is beyond me. Once you're compared one to a product like IPOD Touch you'll throw the resistive touch device in the trash can.

G

I was recently given a Supernova for my birthday and I LOVE it! I can read my fav Barnes and Noble books, get on Facebook, read email, watch videos, play games(angry birds, etc), take pictures/videos, store family pictures, surf the web with a portable yet nice sized 8 inch tablet, and it costs way less than an I Pad. My husband paid $188 for my Supernova. It does everything I need and want....and didn't break the bank.

G

I own both a Kindle Fire and a Pandigital Supenova. I bought the Kindle Fire for my daughter a few months ago but use it more than her. :) I love it but it has its limitations. I bought myself a Pandigital Supernova about 2 weeks ago. I find myself almost always grabbing the Pandigital over the Kindle. I just like the external buttons, "oldschool" android feel and layout. I was able to get the Pandigital supernova from Biglots for only $99... It was an incredible buy at that price. The kindle has a brighter screen with a better viewing angle but for what I use it for I love my Supernova. I was able to get Netflix via Amazon Apps and even was able to get Google Market, Navigation, G-mail, and Maps via links on Youtube. I hope this helps someone. If you have the money get the Kindle Fire or better yet the Nexus 7 but if you can find the Supernova for $99 you cant beat it.
Good luck
Charles Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS