News PassGAN AI can crack your passwords in seconds — here’s how to protect yourself

WayneR2000

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2015
Sticky Password is my choice; your master PW is never transmitted, it remains local. It gives you access to all your data /PWs, but no one else can see them. It creates PWs, and those are in the "you'll-be-dead-before-you-crack-this" category.

Apr 13, 2023
Sticky Password is my choice; your master PW is never transmitted, it remains local. It gives you access to all your data /PWs, but no one else can see them. It creates PWs, and those are in the "you'll-be-dead-before-you-crack-this" category.

Sticky password is cheap, especially if you find a deal on stack social. However it has an awful interface. I bought a license and tested it and immediately stopped using it.

Bettencourt

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2015
by no means it can crack my password in minutes because it takes 3-5 strikes in most websites to activate second factor authentication.

Apr 18, 2023
Nice article, good to know that AI isn't any smarter than the conventional tools :D

By the way, the phrase "Increase that to 11 characters " in your article needs to be "Increase that to 12 characters " ... search it up :)

Thanks!

Apr 18, 2024
PassGAN is an AI password generation tool that can be used to crack passwords and a recent study showed it can crack most passwords in minutes.

PassGAN AI can crack your passwords in seconds — here’s how to protect yourself : Read more
yourself the author stand in error unredeemable from start to finish; why? because generating passwords and cracking it's use in an authentication system are two very different things; capability to search a database for a character set or produce a given character through generating a match does not translate into a password specific to an authentication system, talk less of the application to such a system that is unlikely to admit unlimited attempts before consideration of time per attempt, even allowing for the unlikely automated interaction.