Patent Troll Claims He Owns the Interactive Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
"Hey, look! They're trying to learn for free! Get them!"

A. The internet should be an open platform for the betterment of knowledge to all mankind. B. It should not be something that can be patented. Unless of course you intend on using that patent or technology to further the advancement of point A. And C... f**k off!

tlmck

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
I hope they win. Then whoever owns the most internet backbone(Verizon I think) can step up and charge them double for allowing their patented content to pass over the backbone. Sort of a toll for the troll if you will.

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
just read the wiki page of their company it seems like this company has done nothing other than this patent and suing other giant companies

G

If it was up to me, they would be taken out and shot, making the world a better place.

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
The irony of the thing is that Tim Berners Lee gave this troll all the resources to make that page in 1993, when he decided that the web and all the tools should be free for anybody to implement webpages of their own.

And now he sues him!

I absolutely hate these trolls.
There should be some kind of Darwin Awards, the golden turkey or somting for the most crazy patent troll applications!
I mean these abominations of human beings doesn't do anything to further mankind...

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
The patent system is just a mess and needs serious reform. If it was in my authority I would suspend all currently pending lawsuits while they may still be filed however will not be seen in court until a better system is laid out and put into effect. Once done I would simply throw out all the BS lawsuits.

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
[citation][nom]SetZ[/nom]The question is: Why has he done it just now?[/citation]
They finally burned through the money they got from Microsoft, time to pilfer some more.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
LOL! The picture of Doctor Evil is so appropriate. "We hold the world to ransom for 100 billion dollars!". And with his patent he could easily get it.
The question is quite simple. Did the US patent office really issue him such a patent? If they did then you guys have a pretty screwed up system and a lot of people are going to owe him a lot of money. Fortunately for everyone outside the US, I am guessing we don't have to honor it.

poxenium

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
Instead of pointless patent disputes, the one who owns a similar patent but failed to bring it successfully to the market, should be stripped of his patent rights.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
How about a mandatory 6month jail sentence for the attorney's of the loosing side.
That will reduce the available pool of patent attorneys willing to take a shot at getting rich over a bogus patent.
To bad it had to be in Tyler.
Always loved that monster 'pounds' burger at the airport diner :)

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I don't want them to live on my planet anymore.
Either be useful for the society of the 99% or do not spread the invention at all. The patents are to help inventors, but if this is the price, then let everything be open for everybody else to use and create new things with it.
I am in fact for everything being open and GPL.
Just taking into consideration the patent version of development too, the reason for the patents in the first place in regards to the whole society.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]FloKid[/nom]The internet is not for trolls!!![/citation]

Agreed, but sadly the reality is that they live on the internet, just like the internet is supposed to be viruses free....

Status
Not open for further replies.