Pavilion DV6 Battery

Peti43

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014
I have an HP pavilion dv6 1299ea artist edition and the battery is getting low really fast (<10mins) which is annoying for a laptop. Charger is an aftermarket not the original which might affect it. I've found the battery and it is a 4400 mAh. I've as well found a 6600 mAh battery. Which one should i buy and what will the difference be? With the new battery should i buy a new original charger as well? (My battery has been changed an other time as well 2 years ago...)

Solution
The 4400 mAh one will be the standard size for your laptop. The 6600 mAh one will protrude slightly from the back, weigh more, but gives you about 1.5 times as much power. Buy whichever you prefer. Power capacity will not affect the life span of your battery.

What aftermarket charger are you using? So long as your aftermarket charger outputs the correct voltage and has at least enough ampherage to charge your battery while you are using your laptop, there is no reason why it would cause your battery to die faster.

Also, heavy battery usage will naturally decrease its lifespan. If you are plugged in to a power source, you should set your laptop to charge your battery until it is 80%. Keeping it at 80% instead of 100% will increase your...

JohnKau

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015
The 4400 mAh one will be the standard size for your laptop. The 6600 mAh one will protrude slightly from the back, weigh more, but gives you about 1.5 times as much power. Buy whichever you prefer. Power capacity will not affect the life span of your battery.

What aftermarket charger are you using? So long as your aftermarket charger outputs the correct voltage and has at least enough ampherage to charge your battery while you are using your laptop, there is no reason why it would cause your battery to die faster.

Also, heavy battery usage will naturally decrease its lifespan. If you are plugged in to a power source, you should set your laptop to charge your battery until it is 80%. Keeping it at 80% instead of 100% will increase your battery lifespan. You can use something like HWMonitor to find out your current battery capacity and its wear levels.

Solution

Rit_86

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
In case of laptops, always go for original charger and battery. Failing to do so is nearly always harmful for the laptop.
My suggestion is go for the original 4400 battery and charger.