PC automatically shuts down when starting a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Dominic

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Because our computer would not turn on(somtimes it turns on) we went to a computer repair to get it fixed. He replaced the motherboard and the proccessor. Now our PC would start but when starting a game it automatically shuts down by itself even those low old games. I can do many things except playing games. Before we brought it to the computer repair it would not turn on but when it turns on (sometimes) I can play my games but now that it has been fixed it would start but does not allow me to play games!! Help

Solution
Shutdown in 30 seconds could also be caused by a poorly installed heatsink causing the CPU to overheat. If your install HWInfo and CPU temperatures look fine (stay under 80C) then a dying PSU is still the most probable option.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
What are your full specs? Also, does it shut down for every game, or just some? And when it happens, does the computer physically shut down, or does the monitor just lose a display signal? And lastly, is it immediately when you start a game, or is it once you get past the main menu and into the actual stuff?

InvalidError

Distinguished
That sounds like a classic failing or poor quality PSU issue: the power supply goes out of specs when under heavy/heavier load or during power-up, trips protections and shuts down.

What's the PSU brand and model? (Including other system specs wouldn't hurt either.)

Jan Dominic

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
I try to play SIMCITY, city racing, mad race, star racing and some more racing games.. It starts the game but when I click play and start playing the game but when [playing the game 30 sec- it just shuts down by itself and it says no signal. I can play some of my old gams like bookworm and pizza frenzy but I cant load the newer games. Before our PC was damaged I can play my newer games, then it was damaged and we got in into a repair center and he replaced the motherboard and the processor. Now our computer would start and would not shutdown by itself(because that was the problem why we got it repaired) but would shut down by itself when playing games
Processor: Intel Celeron @ 2.70 GHz 2.70 GHz
Display adapters: Nvidia Geforce gt 730
Installed memory: 2.00 GB

InvalidError

Distinguished
Shutdown in 30 seconds could also be caused by a poorly installed heatsink causing the CPU to overheat. If your install HWInfo and CPU temperatures look fine (stay under 80C) then a dying PSU is still the most probable option.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.