PC Output Audio plays through Microphone despite being two seperate 3.5 MM jacks

SpartacusRyuuou

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Greetings. This is a recurring issue, and I don't recall how I solved it last time. I'm using a headset plugged into the front 3.5mm jack, and a microphone that plugs into the headset or into a 3.5mm jack. The headset is a Turtle Beach headset designed for PS4 controllers (hence the mic being able to plug into the headset), but until recently, this setup gave me no problems.
I'm using RealTek HD Audio Manager, and I have disabled Stereo Mix already. I have also gotten the latest drivers and tried my other mic-in port. I have disabled all sound effects under the properties tab, but it seems that no matter what I do, any sounds that would go through my headset go through my microphone first, whether it be music, videos, or the voice chat program I use (Discord in this case).

RarelySleep

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

I have this exact same problem, Using HyperX CloudX Revolver headset built for Windows+ Xbox One. The Microphone plugs directly into the headset via 3.5mm, and im using a Mic/Headphone splitter to plug it into my pc (came with the headset) I've been talking to discord tech support for 3 days and they arent helping much, i messaged the headset makers with no reply. Im using IDT High Def CODEC sound drivers. If anyone has a full fix for this please let me know. As far as temporary, im currently using Push to talk and if you go into advanced voice settings in discord you can use voice attenuation (while im speaking) and turn that to about 30-50% so that your friends cant hear your pc/games while you push your mic button. I've tried for 15+ hours to find a solution to this and im pissed. :(

Edit - this fix isnt good because when you talk with attenutaion on it lowers all of your volume aswell until you finish talking.

RarelySleep

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

It doenst come out of the mic port, it plays all computer sounds back to everyone in the call with you. So they can hear youtube videos as if they were watching it on their own computer. Perfect sound quality, they can even hear themselves speak.