PC Semi Random Crashes

Apr 21, 2018
Hi,
since i have bought new hardware i have some problems with my semi random crashes. my pc basicaly crashes after 1-3 hours (idle). happened three times, the first time i had a single row or two of blue symbols above my taskbar. Second time i had artifcats all over the monitor. third time neither of those, but the system + youtube video kept stuttering and the system was unresponsive ever few seconds.

I stress tested the memory, cpu and gpu and ran final fantasy for a few minutes already without a problem.

Temperatures are fine. the only thing noticable regarding temperatures is the Auxtin1 temp, with 105c (using HWinfo64) and the same 105c with HardwareMonitor for temperature#4. This seems to be a false reading.

has anyone any idea what the problem could be? Any additional test i could run?

My System:
Win10
Seasonic Focus 550 gold
asRock z370 extreme4
i-5 8600k
G-Skill ddr4 @3000
770GtX

Solution
You may find some information in the Event Viewer logs.

Should be some error codes or warnings logged just before or at the time of the crashes.

Takes some effort to get a sense of how the logs are organized and what data is being presented.

Here is a link from within this Forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Two things to keep in mind.

1) Sometimes you will see "no data". Just wait a few minutes as there may, indeed, be some data and the system is simply still working to collect and present the information.

2) Right-clicking a log entry will provide more information about the log entry itself.

If the logs have many, many entries, clear the logs and then do the things that cause the...
You may find some information in the Event Viewer logs.

Should be some error codes or warnings logged just before or at the time of the crashes.

Takes some effort to get a sense of how the logs are organized and what data is being presented.

Here is a link from within this Forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Two things to keep in mind.

1) Sometimes you will see "no data". Just wait a few minutes as there may, indeed, be some data and the system is simply still working to collect and present the information.

2) Right-clicking a log entry will provide more information about the log entry itself.

If the logs have many, many entries, clear the logs and then do the things that cause the crashes.

Doing so will make it easy to identify the relevant log entries after the crash.

And do be aware that it is somewhat normal to have a number of errors at any given time. Many are routine errors that the system handles, fixes, reports on, and then moves forward.

[Note: Scammers often use those errors to frighten unknowing users into thinking their system has serious problems and must pay $ to get it fixed by the scammer.]

Solution