Jtkyber

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
I recently purchased brand new Klipsch PC speakers and as soon as I plugged them in, they started crackling. What could possibly be causing this?

Things to note:

*The intensity of the crackling does not change when I change the volume
*Crackling gets worse when plugged into a power strip
*Crackling intensifies during a download and when loading a web page
*Slight crackling noise is still present when speakers are not plugged into the PC
*I tried other speakers and they crackled as well
*Checked connections
*All audio drivers are updated
*Tried changing sound format
*Disabled all sound enhancements
*Minimum processor state set to 100%
*I have a power line adapter plugged into the same wall outlet

Solution
You're obviously getting power line interference from the adapter and it may be that using it anywhere within proximity to your new speakers will cause the sound. If you need the adapter, try plugging it in elsewhere in the room and see if the sound is still present.

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
You're obviously getting power line interference from the adapter and it may be that using it anywhere within proximity to your new speakers will cause the sound. If you need the adapter, try plugging it in elsewhere in the room and see if the sound is still present.

Solution

Jtkyber

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

I plugged it into an outlet that is a little further away and it decreased significantly. I can still hear it, but it's bearable now.

Jtkyber

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
I can imagine the static crackling being annoying but at least it's to a level that's more tolerable. I assume that adapter is a requirement for the room you're in, yes?

Yes. Our internet plan only allows for one modem, which is downstairs. Wifi would be too unstable.

Now I just need to figure out my stuttering issue in games lol.