PC to TV by HDMI or VGA?

Nukero

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Hi, I would like to thank you all in advance. Really appreciate it.

I want to connect my PC to my HDTV and I am not sure what cable or what output to connect both of them. My PC has two DVI-I ports and my HDTV has three HDMI ports in which one if them says (DVI) below and it also has a VGA port that says PC input above of it.

My question is what DVI connector should I get? DVI-I since it transmits digital and analog signals or DVI-D? I read some forums and most of the people said that DVI-D (dual link) is usually good for this types of connections.

My other question is, which output should I connect it? To the HDMI (DVI) one or the VGA (PC input).

Thanks again!

Solution
If your GPU only has DVI-I output you would should try to use that kind of cable to connect to your TV. Getting a dual link DVI-I cable would probably be the safest bet.

Nukero

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
I already did bought a DVI to HDMI cable. But the one I bought is a DVI-D single link to HDMI and it doesn't work.

As I was reading about it on the internet, people said that the DVI-D double link or DVI-I dual link should work but I don't which one to get.

*EDI: I also know that the only difference between these two (DVI-I and DVI-D both dual link) Is that the DVI-I provides analog signal so my real question is do I need the analog signal if I want to connect my pc to my HDTV?