PC Tools bullying

alphachapmtl

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
PC Tools is renewing my Spyware Doctor license twice a year without my consent, at a cost on my credit card, and with no way for me to desist.
What can I do?
Those bastards are there only to steal money and propagate malware and spyware.
In will have to cancel my credit card.

locky28

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
Talk to them first, see if you can get yourself off their books by just asking. Next call your bank/credit card vendor and talk to them about it, if you can confirm that they are not giving you a service that they are charging you for or you haven't requested then they should be able to block any further charges.

If that doesn't work, contact your national consumer watchdog and talk to them about your options. We have the ACCC here in Australia, not sure whats available in other countries but Googleing or talking to your government should get you some information.

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Just do a charge back and tell the credit card company that they keep charging you and you don't want and do not use what they offer.
If you have copies of emails sent all the better.

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Pffffft...
Stop useing their crap program and tell your CC company you are not paying that bill.
Problem solved.

In fact just never give out your CC info online...ever.
When I need to use a CC online I only use a PRE-PAID one and nobody can ever exploit/rip it off.
Credit is only for people who want to pay more for things than they are worth over the long term anyhow.

The best advice is to -never- use credit. If you can't pay for it and also can't eat it....you don't need it.

Credit for almost everyone is a fools game.

Whiznot

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
A couple of years ago an unauthorized $60 charge appeared on my card. I called the credit card company who reversed the charge and advised to report the unauthorized charge to the vendor. I reported to the vendor that the credit card company had reversed the charge. Subsequently, the vendor issued a $60 credit on top of the first credit. Because the initial charge was an outright scam, I kept the $60.