PC Tower/Subwoofer placement

skittlulz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Sorry if I'm not posting this in the correct category, kind of a audio/PC mixed question. I recently got some new speakers. Got the Logitech z506 for my PC, love em, only problem is I don't really have many places to put the subwoofer. Unless I buy some extensions the only good spot I have is pretty close to my PC tower. The subwoofer is on the ground and the PC is about 3 inches off the ground, they are about 20 inches apart. Is that too close or should I try and find a different spot? PC has regular HDDs, and the subwoofer magnet is shielded but I'm more so worried about vibrations

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
I've got my sub about the same distance from my tower and I haven't encountered any problems. Is your room carpeted? If it is there shouldn't be much of a problem. If not you can always get a little rug and place the sub on it. The rug will dampen the vibrations a bit.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
I've got my sub about the same distance from my tower and I haven't encountered any problems. Is your room carpeted? If it is there shouldn't be much of a problem. If not you can always get a little rug and place the sub on it. The rug will dampen the vibrations a bit.

skittlulz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Yeah my room is carpeted. I'll try not to worry about it then, thanks :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 1
C Audio 6
R Audio 3
B Audio 1
B Audio 1
B Audio 2
C Audio 2
I Audio 6
P Audio 1
P Audio 1
T Audio 1