PC unexplained and random Freeze/total crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr0Grinch

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
I am having issues with my PC completely freezing up and needing to reboot, and i have no clue why. The odd thing is, when im playing Counter-Strike i can get several events in a single match, just a few minutes after the last reboot, but then the next day im playing uninterupted, and the problem wont be back for up to weeks.

Also, this is not a problem im having while playing other games. Atleast not often enough that it can't be that perticular game having a single crash due too something not releated to my computer.

Note: i am not experiencing anything else that seems like a problem with CS or any other game. No FPS drops, FPS always 150+ while playing, and nothing else i can think of. I have tried deleting and reinstaling CS, i even tried installing a fresh copy of windows, and reformating my hardrives, but no change.

Specs:

GPU : Geforce GTX 970
CPU : AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3,51GHz (it is a bit old yes)
RAM : 16Gb

Solution
I googled "User_Share_Process Instance"

Here is one link that I found:

https://superuser.com/questions/1182820/malware-or-strange-windows-services-behaviour/1182846

Seems to be the most applicable; however, a fix involves editing the registry which for the most part is not recommened.

First, for informational purposes only, take a look at the link. I noted another link that provided a download to do the registry editing - do not do that either.

Are you using Windows OneSync? Is it be launched at boot up?

I think you have found a lead but no immediate need to apply some fix without more information and understanding. Especially when only CS seems to be affected. Certainly annoying but not at all fatal as some mis-applied fix...
Open Event Viewer and check the log entries.

Event Viewer records numerous errors, warnings, and informational events that happen on your PC.

What you are looking for are events that happen just before or at the time of the freeze up.

Right clicking any given log entry will provide additional detail about what occurred.

Use this link from this forum to get started:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Mr0Grinch

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017

okey so according to the logs i had a few errors which seems to match the timing for last nights crashes.

i had 3 crashes very close together.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/lazabar/eooro.png

might be abit hard to read, but the errors are ID 7001 and 7023, Service control manager. also in eventlog, but that just states my pc turned off unexpected. lastly i have 41 cases of Critial error/ kernel power, but they go back a long way and i have no idea what it means.

ID 7001 is:
The service NetTcpActivator depends on the service NetTcpPortSharing who can not start due to the following error:
The service can not be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with.

ID 7023 is:
The service CDPUserSvc_32815a7 terminated with the following error:
unspecified error

You have made a very good start.

No specific suggestions at the moment.

However I did google "ID 7001 7023" and found a variety of links such as the following:

https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402798-computer-freezes-randomly.html

There were also quite a number of sites that offered to repair the problem but those sites show up no matter what error code is being dealt with.

Some of those sites just might offer some additional insight regarding the problem and/or offer some means of solution. Just do not download any "fixes" via those sites. Get drivers, updates, etc. from original sources.

My current thinking is in two general areas: 1) possible PSU problem developing, 2) a memory chip problem. Either one can manifest in any number of ways and error codes.

Counter-Strike may be putting more "load" on your system than other games. Maybe just because of some change within CS.

If the problem continues due to some degradation then you will eventually have more freezes in more games.

What you can do is check the connections, card seating etc. inside your computer. Make sure everything is snug and secure.

Uninstall or disable any unnecessary programs running in the background. Doing so will free resources for CS.

Then keep watching the Event Viewer logs. Should the problem continue you may see both more errors and additional errors.

That information can be used for further research and troubleshooting.

The idea is to drill down to as specific a problem as possible.

Mr0Grinch

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017

So i tried googleing abit myself i have made some progress (i think).

using CMD and SC QUERY i have found the two services linked to ID 7001 and 7023, but i don't really know what to do with this info so i'll just post a screencap.

WIN32%20exit%20code.png

the two bottom entries are the IDs i found in eventviewer.

also, i have been on the lookout for other errors in event viewer, but 7001 and 7023 is the only ones.

I googled "User_Share_Process Instance"

Here is one link that I found:

https://superuser.com/questions/1182820/malware-or-strange-windows-services-behaviour/1182846

Seems to be the most applicable; however, a fix involves editing the registry which for the most part is not recommened.

First, for informational purposes only, take a look at the link. I noted another link that provided a download to do the registry editing - do not do that either.

Are you using Windows OneSync? Is it be launched at boot up?

I think you have found a lead but no immediate need to apply some fix without more information and understanding. Especially when only CS seems to be affected. Certainly annoying but not at all fatal as some mis-applied fix may be.

Solution

Mr0Grinch

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017

Don't know what OneSync is, but can't find it on my pc so im guessing no.

After reading some more forums i have now deactivated "port sharing and activation" in net framework 4.6 advanced features, by following this thread:

http://

don't really know what it does, or why i might need it, but i'll give it a while and see if this makes a difference.

I tend to be leery of actions that are either: 1) "old": meaning maybe dated by several months, or 2) do not specifically state some applicability to the OS actually in use, and 3) little or no explanatory information being available.

However, such actions can and do work.

That said, it is probably now best to wait and see if the freezing is resolved. And that nothing else happens.

You do not want to be making multiple changes that cannot be reversed or become irreversible if done more than one at a
time.

Keep an eye on the errors and logs. Post accordingly as nessary.

Apr 5, 2018
Hy Guys! I have the same problem. I have many Kernel errors too.. because i had to force stop the pc every time it frooze. It freezes randomly. Sometimes i can play like a hour,yesterday i played 5 hours. but i didn't started the pc for like a month before.. so that's why. and sometime it freeze at the boot up. Thanks for every help. SPEC: It's a benchmark site. Just watch the spec. The result is not important. The site just doesn't want to show my manufacturer of GPU. It's Gigabyte. HERE: https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/3556886# The motherboard is new. I just bought it because i taught that was the problem.

Please start a new thread.

Just copy your post above and paste accordingly.

If you go long times without booting, the system may be struggling with updates and/or backups that need to be installed or run.

And add some information about the games and applications being run.

Someone may recognize a known problem or conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.