PCI sound card or Motherboard sound card

Kunal65

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
Hi friends need some help from you. :D

I am having 250 Watt RMS amplifier with 12 inch woofer speaker system. During night time when i play game or watch movies even on 5-6 level volume my speaker start to shake my house and my family members starts to scream at me.

Due to this i purchased another new 50 Watt RMS amplifier with 6 inch woofer speaker system and this speaker works nice during night time game play or watching movies. I also purchased 1x AUX male to 2x female AUX splitter cable.

Now the question arises here to me.
Local seller is saying i should not use this splitter cable to connect both the amplifier as this will put intense stress to motherboard sound card and can get damage. He is suggesting me to use addition PCI sound card and connect the 50 watt amplifier to motherboard AUX and 250W to sound card AUX. While using switch off the other one and this way no damage to motherbaord. But if 250 Watt amplifier put some kind of stress then sound card will get damage not my motherboard.
This way motherboard will also be safe.

Whats your opinion guys?

Sorry for the long explanation. :D

Solution

antoine21839

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

I don't agree with him, Jack splitters never damaged anything. It does not sucks up a lot of power. (it might depend on your motherboard but I doubt your motherboard is weak enough to burn when you plug a jack splitter on it).
[strike]Perhaps your seller just wants to sell an extra card to make more money[/strike]

Solution