Phenom II X2 555 BE unlocked to X4 B55, used to boot fine, but no longer

Blackadder288

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
For a while I my CPU was overclocked and unlocked to a 3700MHz X4, but now it won't boot into windows anymore. I'm not sure what happened.

RAM settings are default, CPU is at 3700MHz (18.5 multiplier, reference clock @ 200), HT and CPU/NB at 2000MHz, CPU volts at 1.45. Any other settings I can fetch at request.

CPU: Phenom II X2 555 BE
Board: M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

I understand there's a strong possibility the extra cores weren't stable to begin with. But it was working for months with no problems. If there's anything I can try rather than giving up hope and assuming the cores don't work I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance. I tried booting in different combinations of cores (1,2,4, and 1,2,3,), doesn't have any effect.

Edit: It boots fine when I disable the core unlocker.

Solution
Basically if you able to start the computer at all after turning on the disabled cores there is a pretty high chance to make it stable with some tweaking of the voltages. There is a plenty of information over the internet on the topic, however I would suggest to start with the following one:

Phenom 555 unlock and overclock

And good luck! ;)

peroludiarom

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
Basically if you able to start the computer at all after turning on the disabled cores there is a pretty high chance to make it stable with some tweaking of the voltages. There is a plenty of information over the internet on the topic, however I would suggest to start with the following one:

Phenom 555 unlock and overclock

And good luck! ;)

Solution