Phenom II x3 740 unlocked

prodigy

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
Hey all. Quick question... How do I monitor CPU temps after unlocking the 4th core? CoreTemp, AMD OD, and OCCT all show 0c after unlock. None of them recognize the processor after unlock, so they can't monitor it I guess. Any thoughts?

Solution
The unlocking process does throw the temp sensors.

Try HWmonitor and Speedfan, run a stress test with them open and watch for the temps that fly up.

Usually you will get one or two temps rapidly increase, they are your cpu temps, it wont read each core though.

prodigy

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
So I read up on the CoreTemp FAQ and one was pertaining to the constant 0c reading. It said the Core Unlock features often rely on ACC which I assume is Auto Core Control and by disabling these features, the temps should restore. So, in other words, it can't read temps for unlocked CPUs?

beanoslim

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
The unlocking process does throw the temp sensors.

Try HWmonitor and Speedfan, run a stress test with them open and watch for the temps that fly up.

Usually you will get one or two temps rapidly increase, they are your cpu temps, it wont read each core though.

Solution

beanoslim

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010

Always works for me, also download occt, its a good stress tester for oc ing and you can set it up to monitor temps under the orange configure tab.

Thank you Beano (lol). I'll try that and get back to you.

Glad I could help, whats funny??

prodigy

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
I have a friend we call Beano so that's kind of funny to me. OCCT, AMD OD, and Core Temp all recognize the fourth core, but all of those programs report a constant 0c for all four cores. None of those programs provide an "overall cpu" temperature like HWMonitor does. That must be what separates the programs.

beanoslim

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
Oh thats ok then. :D Thought you were laughing at my Santa and that aint cool. :lol:

Have you tried to configure occt, use built in and check the drop down boxes, I get this on my unlocked 555

2 of the tmp's are my cpu temps.

1003096t.jpg

prodigy

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
I have tried fooling with where OCCT gathers the readings. Built-in only shows the temp of the HDD (and only one of the 2 I have for that matter). If I use the SpeedFan software it recognizes 4 additional temperatures, but none of them are labeled. (?) I can select 31, 29, 29, 0, or -128. Again, none of them are labeled like yours are.