Phone causing internet to be very slow

brewman09

Prominent
Aug 31, 2017
Hi I have a Motorola Moto G4 phone. My wife informs me that whenever I come in the door the internet speed comes to a standstill. I turned my phone off last night and indeed the internet returned to its speedy self.

I have turned data saver on. I have turned the phone off then on. I have turned the router off then on. Still having the same issue though?

Any suggestions very welcome

Solution
Check the IP addresses on your phone and other network devices.

You may have an IP conflict.

Leave the phone on and try turning off other network devices. See if turning one of them off instead restores internet speed.

Or the phone may be trying to do some updates and they never complete because you turn the phone off because of the hit on network performance.

Could also be that the router is giving priority (some QoS) performance to the Moto G4. Depends on the router and I would expect that you would be aware of that if you had set up some preference. Worth checking to be sure.
Check the IP addresses on your phone and other network devices.

You may have an IP conflict.

Leave the phone on and try turning off other network devices. See if turning one of them off instead restores internet speed.

Or the phone may be trying to do some updates and they never complete because you turn the phone off because of the hit on network performance.

Could also be that the router is giving priority (some QoS) performance to the Moto G4. Depends on the router and I would expect that you would be aware of that if you had set up some preference. Worth checking to be sure.

Solution