Phone Storage Problem

MagicWolf

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
I hope this is the right place to ask. I'll try to cut it short because it will take too much time. Basically i had a problem with my Memory card, all of my pictures and videos were deleted for an unkown reason, but it still showed up that its taking a lot of storage even though i couldn't find them anywhere in my phone. Anyway i fixed my memory card but unfortunately everything in it was gone. After a while.. After i took more than 500pictures this problem struck again. This time on the phone memory card itself. Pictures weren't showing up in the Gallery but when i went in the storage it always showed me that there are taking space. I did the USB thing and i found most of my pictures there, got them in my computer and deleted every picture i could find in my phone. But it still says that its taking over 1GB of space only from Videos/Pictures but i can't find them. Can someone explain me where they could possibly be ? Phone is Sony Xperia L.

Solution
Best thing to do is test in an old phone, or a friends phone to see if the pictures show up. You first need to verify if its the phone or the card itself. If it is the phone, then you have your answer. If not, then the card is going bad and I would purchase another one on amazon for cheap, that way you wont lose your files any longer, and you have a piece of mind.

caseyg02

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Best thing to do is test in an old phone, or a friends phone to see if the pictures show up. You first need to verify if its the phone or the card itself. If it is the phone, then you have your answer. If not, then the card is going bad and I would purchase another one on amazon for cheap, that way you wont lose your files any longer, and you have a piece of mind.

Solution