Photos dont display on certain media

silhouett

Estimable
May 16, 2015
I recently was uploading a few pictures to a Piwigo photosite I made and notice some did not display. after checking more I found these same photos wont open in Adobe photoshop or Paintshop Pro or Infranview but will open in microsoft photos or paint or paint.net. Resizing them or converting them to another format like bmp seems to carry over the same problem. I discovered that for a few of them I have originals that display fine on everything but I dont have all the originals. I am trying to figure out not just why this happens but is there a software that can repair them ?

silhouett

Estimable
May 16, 2015

Well if I load it with chrome its a "Your file was not found It may have been moved or deleted" which is strange since it works on other JPG files. Paint shop pro unable to open file, adobe opens a new file with the same name accept screen and infanview says unknown file format. Yet these Jpg files will open fine in paint.net or microsofts photos or paint and I can rename them doesnt change a thing, resize them doesnt change a thing even convert them to a bmp or gif and doesnt change a thing. Very strange. I have some original ones same size same name etc and they open fine

I accidently marked this solved cause I thought it was a reply to your comment button oops :)

silhouett

Estimable
May 16, 2015

Yes I can run information extraction on it see the Camera was DCC‘725 and with a hex editor I see the first 4 bytes are FF D8 FF E1 which is Jpeg, all the information about it dimensions and dpi seems correct

silhouett

Estimable
May 16, 2015

Oh the ext is .JPG the weird part is the website I upload them wont display them either how ever if I put them in dropbox and open them from there the open ? kind of makes no sense.

its only about 50 JPG files total that are effected in this bizarre mess all other photos work fine.