Photoshop elements sucks, is there an alternative that works similar?

SPECTRAL PHOENIX

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
I've been using photoshop elements 8 to do my art with a bamboo drawing tablet...and it's been crappy so far to say the least. I've lost alot of time from various issues, such as:

Completely losing control of my keyboard until I reboot

File corruption due to having multiple layers (which I kinda need)

Not being allowed to save, and not being given a reason as to why.

I'm quickly growing sick of this. I'm glad I didn't drop $400 for normal photoshop, or even $100 for the this one...it happened to be bundled with my tablet. For that much money, I should have no issues.

I need to be able to create large canvases (since I want to print them to a normal painting size) have access to layers, and be compatible with my drawing tablet. It'd be nice if it had similarities to photoshop so I can pick it up quickly.

Solution

Paintshop Pro
GIMP
Inkscape

IRyannHD

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
I think their is something wrong with your HDD or Photoshop E as you shouldn't get corrupted layers, I think you would have to save up for Photoshop as it is the best editing program available.

Your best bet is to reinstall Photoshop and check your HDD for noises etc as it could be on its way out or your Photoshop is corrupted.

SPECTRAL PHOENIX

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
I got this computer a few months ago, so it's running at peak condition, and I don't want to drop $400 from a company I already don't trust. Between this, and their other services being unresponsive, always wanting to update (and failing) or refusing to uninstall unless I use heavy duty means, I'm a little skeptical that the "upgrade" will be much better. I used it once and couldn't see much of a difference.

IRyannHD

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

I have used both and they work completely fine and its not a matter of trust their is something wrong with either your storage device or your photoshop, reinstall PS.

IRyannHD

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

This can happen with anything, if your HDD is faulty then leaving it will only make things worse, you shouldn't be lazy, all it takes is a re installation, and if that is the problem then its fixed easily and their is no other...NO OTHER editing program as good as PS.

IRyannHD

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

If it's his HDD or SSD failing then leaving it won't help although reinstalling may fix the issue.

It's not a Photoshop problem directly but it might fix from a simple re installation, look at software issues before hardware sometimes.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Not in the least! The bundled Elements that came with your graphics tablet should work fine.
There is nothing wrong with it.

Either reinstall and it fixes it, or you have a hardware problem.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Right. What I meant there was that Elements in and of itself is fine. His install may be faulty ( as I said early on), or there is a hardware issue.

IRyannHD

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

That doesn't mean parts of your HDD or SSD is corrupted, things break...A solution doesn't fall into the computer, just reinstall PS and that may fix it or it could be a RAM or storage issue.

IRyannHD

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

Agreed :)

IRyannHD

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014

Agreed, please listen to us, your storage (HDD or SSD) could be failing or your RAM may be failing and you may get the same issue...or it may be a simple installation.