Picking out an amplifier

jimmy41

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
Looking for a cheap amplifier that's compatible with the Yamaha YST SW012-Subwoofer and the Logitech Z120 Stereo speakers. Looking to have a 2.1 system.
Would this suffice: Lepy LP-168S
Also, could i avoid getting an amp altogether?

Solution
So what you have is probably a 1/8" stereo out on your PC. Use a splitter and split this into into two stereo outs. Take one of those stereo outs and split THAT into left and right and plug that into the speakers.

Take the OTHER stereo out and put that into a two channel line mixer (they aren't that much) . This will combine the signals into ONE signal for the subwoofer and connect the output of the mixer to the subwoofer.

jimmy41

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018

How do i do that without an amplifier to connect both the speakers and the sub

jimmy41

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018

Currently have the speakers hooked up to my PC. The only cable the sub has is a subwoofer cable which i can't connect directly to my PC

So what you have is probably a 1/8" stereo out on your PC. Use a splitter and split this into into two stereo outs. Take one of those stereo outs and split THAT into left and right and plug that into the speakers.

Take the OTHER stereo out and put that into a two channel line mixer (they aren't that much) . This will combine the signals into ONE signal for the subwoofer and connect the output of the mixer to the subwoofer.

Solution