Picture scanning and slidshow software

jmoon2011

Estimable
Dec 29, 2014
Help. Two old mothers would like to scan old pics of thier children ( and catalogue) and make a slide show to play at thier wedding. We are geographically seperated. What is the easiest software to use to do this? Can it be stored on a cloud somewhere where we can both access? I used powerpoint 20 years ago but was very clunky then. All suggestions are appreciated.

You can still use Powerpoint online (you will need account at Microsoft, like @Hotmail.com), and still able to collaborate. However, in your case, using an online photo platform like Google Photos, or OneDrive Photos, will be easier - you just upload your photos, create albums, and then do the slide show.

As for scanning app - most scanners come with their own piece of software. Depending on the computer and OS you are using, there might be built-in apps as well (eg Windows comes with "Scan" application). As a last resort, you can use your smartphone (there are apps for that as well), but results will be less satisfactory.

You can still use Powerpoint online (you will need account at Microsoft, like @Hotmail.com), and still able to collaborate. However, in your case, using an online photo platform like Google Photos, or OneDrive Photos, will be easier - you just upload your photos, create albums, and then do the slide show.

As for scanning app - most scanners come with their own piece of software. Depending on the computer and OS you are using, there might be built-in apps as well (eg Windows comes with "Scan" application). As a last resort, you can use your smartphone (there are apps for that as well), but results will be less satisfactory.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Apps General Discussion 6
K Apps General Discussion 2
U Apps General Discussion 1
A Apps General Discussion 1
G Apps General Discussion 1
john vitz Apps General Discussion 5
M Apps General Discussion 2
J Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 5
F Apps General Discussion 3
A Apps General Discussion 8