PICTURED: Meet the New 3D $100 Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

So people can still counterfeit the old 100's if they're still in circulation and bypass all this new technology.

crabsncancer

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
[citation][nom]bbrgt[/nom]So people can still counterfeit the old 100's if they're still in circulation and bypass all this new technology.[/citation]
The idea is that as people use their old 100s and companies deposit these 100s into banks, the banks will start taking the old ones out of circulation and giving out new ones.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Yeah, plenty of new anti-counterfeiting measures in place to make sure the government is the only one who can make our currency worthless by unlimited printing.

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
about time, other countries have had this for a long time now. i remember seeing a bill with the whole center with the profile of the person as a 'hologram'.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]Yeah, plenty of new anti-counterfeiting measures in place to make sure the government is the only one who can make our currency worthless by unlimited printing.[/citation]It is not the government's fault. It is the Federal Reserves Fault. The monetary system was designed from the ground up to eventually put everyone in debt that cannot be paid back. When the Federal Reserve gives the government loans, it is in debt. Anyway, I don't remember it all, I am just regurgitating information. Go watch it for yourself: www.zeitgeistmovie.com

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]It is not the government's fault. It is the Federal Reserves Fault. The monetary system was designed from the ground up to eventually put everyone in debt that cannot be paid back. When the Federal Reserve gives the government loans, it is in debt. Anyway, I don't remember it all, I am just regurgitating information. Go watch it for yourself: www.zeitgeistmovie.com[/citation]
So congress isn't to blame for spending trillions of dollars beyond the government's income? Republican, democrat, independent, they've all done it.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]So congress isn't to blame for spending trillions of dollars beyond the government's income? Republican, democrat, independent, they've all done it.[/citation]Who keeps forking out the money? Why do they have unlimited credit?

G

so this year it's 3D. next year it'll be a GPS chip. add a few more bells and whistles and your hundred-dollar-bill of the future will cost $238 to produce. it's a losing battle.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
So they do plan on taking the old $100's out of circulation eventually (gradually) right?

Otherwise they are just printing more money that we don't have. Hopefully banks will indeed be taking the old $100's our of circulation as they are deposited.

Status
Not open for further replies.