PlanetSide 2 Will Not Have Cross-Platform Play for PC, PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Just wouldn't be fair to PS4 owners, unless they somehow let them use a mouse and keyboard on it (never guna happen)

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
In other words their afraid the console crowd would had their asses totally kicked and don't like to do it the "ohh so cheesy" way with auto-aim and the like to assist the "gamer" on the console just to stand a chance, guess I can respect that!

Nothing beats a mouse and keyboard as input in fps games.

xaephod

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
Its too bad, would be nice to get that kind of population on Planetside2. If you haven't tried the game, I highly recommend it. Its really quite amazing.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
With the plethora of controller types, I wonder why there can't be a mouse and keyboard added as option to consoles, for those choosing to?

Consoles are computers (limited, yes) after all.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Maybe console producers don't want console players to realize a PC could have saved them lots of trouble, given them upgradeable possibilities, and could be used for lots of other things too. You know, once you taste the PC... :p

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
"Because of the update cadence, and the additional steps you have to go through to be able to release an update on the PlayStation network, we're not going to be able to keep our servers in sync, so you won't be able to just play with the same people,"

Put simply: We're too lazy.

Square Enix has been doing cross platform play for FFXI for 11 years, on 3 different platforms, and soon to be so with FFXIV's reboot which is going on the PC and PS3 and slated for PS4. Even rumours of a Vita version, but nothing confirmed. (I would totally buy that)

There's little reason you can't do this because of a technical issue, unless you're just not smart enough to resolve it, or too lazy to bother.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
its best this way. it just really wouldnt be fair for the ps4 players because of mouse accuracy. its best to keep pc players playing against other pc players in fps, and console players playing with other console players.

badhomaks

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Wow, all dat pc fanboyism. I love my amazing PC way more than consoles but I don't see a problem if ps4 and pc players play together. Yes, it might be somewhat easier to play with a mouse/keyboard but this isn't cod so twitch based reflexes aren't as important.

lordjakian

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I'll be really confused about the internal things going on with Planetside 2 if it works smoothly on the PS4 during big battles, while I'm still stuck below 50 FPS<CPU BOUND> at a warp gate on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.