Plants vs. Zombies 2 is Finally Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
@icepick314: PopCap is owned by EA as of July 2011. I would bet that EA is the reason they have microtransactions for plants and why they are releasing for iOS first (the original PvZ was for PC first then was ported elsewhere after it became popular).

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
I don't get why they do things like this. Why release on just iOS first then later to other platforms? Why can't they do like some other upcoming games such as Batman AO and release on all platforms at once?

This is a tad annoying as anyone without a iDevice has to wait till they feel like releasing it on their platform of choice. Plus the IAPs are stupid. Make the game a certain cost then give IAPs that are cosmetic only.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
It's all about greed folks. This is what EA does to studios. It's why they are the most hated company in America. Worse is the sell-out developers that sell the soul of their company to EA for a paycheck, only to watch beloved franchises go down the tubes afterwards. F*** popcap and F*** EA. They won't get a dime from me.

prince_david

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
A few whales will buy stuff. I won't spend money on anything like this but i would have gladly paid up to 10$ for a full game of PVZ2 on mobile.

stevelord

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I wanted to get it, but the reviews on iTunes says the game is plagued with in app purchases. If it had the same quality and charm as the original, they could just charge a few bucks more and remove most of the IAPs.

Lame. Wonder what the Steam version will look like.

theguy82

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
The game is still fun, but have to agree to most of the comments here. Just release it with a price tag of 5-10 bux with everything. I do find this game much harder than the first, which will probably have some people buy things to try to beat the level.
I will never do IAPs and have to say it does ruin the game a bit, but is still overall fun to play.

theguy82

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
As for the comment about why not on all platforms. It is called exclusives. Why was the last of us only on PS3? Exclusive. It is about $ and Apple most likely payed EA/PopCap a lot of money to make it an App store exclusive.

cocosoup

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
I would think Plants Vs. Zombies were big enough to charge a decent amount up front and skip all this in app purchases. Like Delmonte said it just feels too much like cheating. I have yet to play a freemium game that is bearable without extra purchases. I'm about to give up completely on mobile games all together as the big ones all seem to be going down this road.Maybe i just buy some pvz 2 stuffed toys as collections at toyswill.com

Status
Not open for further replies.