Play youtube's sound on speaker and the rest on headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

zvika96

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
Title pretty much sums it all.
I got some new pair of speakers and I'd like to use them as my main source of sound, but at the same time to leave the Discord and my games' sound on my headphone. I've heard in the past that there is a program that does so. Anyhow, if u guys got another way to deal with this problem, I'd be happy to try it out.

Solution
I don't think that will do it. The 3.5mm in various parts of your computer mirror the other ones, iirc. Just get youtube red and play stuff through a speaker system from your phone. It'll be easier and probably cheaper. Granted, I'm not an expert by any means. I just don't see this working out for you the way you want it.

Maelstrom_1

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Due to how audio works, this is pretty much impossible from a single source. If one connection wasn't a 3.5mm audio jack (USB, Bluetooth) it might be possible, but otherwise it's not. The easy solution is to get output from 2 sources, as in plugging in your phone into the speakers and not playing it with your computer.

zvika96

Prominent
Oct 9, 2017
Wait. so if I connect the speakers on the front panel of my case's and the headphones to the motherboard? Is it now makes it possible?

What do I need to buy in order to get this work out? An audio card?

Maelstrom_1

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
I don't think that will do it. The 3.5mm in various parts of your computer mirror the other ones, iirc. Just get youtube red and play stuff through a speaker system from your phone. It'll be easier and probably cheaper. Granted, I'm not an expert by any means. I just don't see this working out for you the way you want it.

Solution
Jun 28, 2018
The application is called CheVolume. I have been using it on and off for years. If I have multiple sources of audio ill sometimes use it. But, generally, there are ways to achieve what you want through settings. Just have your Windows output playback device set to your speakers, then set your output device under discord settings to your headphones, then set your game output device to your headphones. I do this all the time, and in the event that the game does not have that option (very rare for newer games) then I will result to CheVolume. If you don’t want to pay for it there are ways to acquire it through other means. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.