Playing games is very slow

icejam27

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
hi guys i have an i7 hp dv6 laptop with ati radeon 1gb graphic card i just bought it a month ago the prob is when i am playing games it is very slow..there was no proble when it is loading and seems to be normal but when it come to the actual play it is more than a turtle speed..can u help me out pls..

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

what is the exact model number/sepcs of your laptop?

icejam27

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
hp dv6 - processor is i7, 500gb hard drive, 4gb memory, 1 gb ati graphic card and there are only few programs there..at first i thought it was only with one game it is slow but when i tried the other games it is the same speed..

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
You still have not given any actual information on the speed of your processor, what the actual full model name of the video card is or what type of games you are playing. 1gb ati card means very little when that could be a low end card or a pretty good card. It will be impossible for anyone to help you if you don't give enough info.

GI_JONES

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
An i7, should be good enough for gaming, it is most likely your graphics causing the slowness,. As the above pos states..you havent told us specifically which 1Gb gpu is in your laptop. Most laptops have very basic gaphics unless you bought a unit specifically built as a gaming laptop, and even some of the lower end gaming laptops arent very powerful as compared to a desktop with a decent gpu

icejam27

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
i cant find the exact model # because i already threw the box..i7 2670QM @2.2 Ghz
the the graphic card is radeon HD 6490.. i already tried to lower the graphic settings and resolution but its still the same..

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

what is your screen's resolution? does your gpu have dedicated vram? if so, which type is it- ddr3/gddr5?
6490 is not a strong gpu.
if you'd given exact specs or model number people would easily figure out what problem you're having. your model number can be found on your pc or manual. did you throw away the manual and the warranty papers or the purchase receipt as well? you should have the model number in them.

saket230189

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Hi
My name is Saket
xps 501
i7 procesor 1.73 ghz
Ram 8 gb
graphic card 2gb nvidia

whenever i play games last month like fifa 11 it was runing very smoth....but from 10 day the game is not runnig smooth so i formated my laptop but the problems persist.........so i again formated it (restore factory setup) but problem didnt solved i dont have any hardware problems

the games become slow and then after 1 to 2 min its get shut down automatically
pls help