PlayStation Move Hits Best Buy Shelves Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and all the other Nintendo classics. I'm a proud owner of every system and the Wii is a real system. It may not do hi-def but the games are fun and that's what its all about.

letsgetsteve

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
LOL thats the same as saying "Im a nerd and I'm gay" The wii, really? Get a real system please!

and do you really think the PlayStation and Xbox would have the motion controls without the Wii's influence? We all know its not the same style of system but if PlayStation is so much better and a "real system" why is it outsold by every other system out there? ..... even if it is my fav...

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]Why would anyone want a motion sensing toy on his bluray player?[/citation]I wonder if the pr0n industry has any ideas.

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]I wonder if the pr0n industry has any ideas.[/citation]

I was thinking exactly the same thing! Motion flesh torch?

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]letsgetsteve[/nom]and do you really think the PlayStation and Xbox would have the motion controls without the Wii's influence? We all know its not the same style of system but if PlayStation is so much better and a "real system" why is it outsold by every other system out there? ..... even if it is my fav...[/citation]
Lets start off by getting some things straight; Playstation started experimenting with motion controls using the colored orbs back in 2001... so I am sorry to say that Sony is not copying the wii (although the success is a point for Sony to push the idea back to the front). As for being outsold, every comparison that I have seen is current Xbox vs PS3 sales. My problem with this is that the xbox has had 1 more year to sell its product over Sony. So a comparison of 2009 ps3 sales vs 2008 xbox sales would be more "accurate" (which according to SCEI there was 35.7 units sold from release-2009 while according to MS as far as I can tell they had sold 28 million from release to 2008. So removing the year gap Sony has outsold MS). As far as Wii goes Ill put that as the price difference.

todicamer

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]Lets start off by getting some things straight; Playstation started experimenting with motion controls using the colored orbs back in 2001... so I am sorry to say that Sony is not copying the wii (although the success is a point for Sony to push the idea back to the front). As for being outsold, every comparison that I have seen is current Xbox vs PS3 sales. My problem with this is that the xbox has had 1 more year to sell its product over Sony. So a comparison of 2009 ps3 sales vs 2008 xbox sales would be more "accurate" (which according to SCEI there was 35.7 units sold from release-2009 while according to MS as far as I can tell they had sold 28 million from release to 2008. So removing the year gap Sony has outsold MS). As far as Wii goes Ill put that as the price difference.[/citation]

Lets start off by getting some things really straight; Nintendo was experimenting with motion controllers more than 20 years ago and released a product called Powerglove, it was the same concept; and yes i played with that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Glove

todicamer

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]letsgetsteve[/nom]and do you really think the PlayStation and Xbox would have the motion controls without the Wii's influence? We all know its not the same style of system but if PlayStation is so much better and a "real system" why is it outsold by every other system out there? ..... even if it is my fav...[/citation]
Correction, Powerglove's influence, and wii a successful case :p

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]todicamer[/nom]Lets start off by getting some things really straight; Nintendo was experimenting with motion controllers more than 20 years ago and released a product called Powerglove, it was the same concept; and yes i played with that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Glove[/citation]
I stand corrected. Although according to your link it seems like it was somewhat of a failure, and could be argued that if it was a failure that it may have set back the use of motion controls instead of progressing it. Also it lists that it was not Nintendo that made the controller which means that it was not Nintendo who was experimenting with motion controls but Mattel/PAX.

letsgetsteve

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]todicamer[/nom]Lets start off by getting some things really straight; Nintendo was experimenting with motion controllers more than 20 years ago and released a product called Powerglove, it was the same concept; and yes i played with that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Glove[/citation]

[citation][nom]todicamer[/nom]Correction, Powerglove's influence, and wii a successful case[/citation]

+1

i keep forgetting that there are old guys on here that played with all the games my cousins did while i watched them play when i was 5. lol. I was just talking in general terms because most of the youngins wont know most of the old stuff.

[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]Lets start off by getting some things straight; Playstation started experimenting with motion controls using the colored orbs back in 2001... so I am sorry to say that Sony is not copying the wii (although the success is a point for Sony to push the idea back to the front). As for being outsold, every comparison that I have seen is current Xbox vs PS3 sales. My problem with this is that the xbox has had 1 more year to sell its product over Sony. So a comparison of 2009 ps3 sales vs 2008 xbox sales would be more "accurate" (which according to SCEI there was 35.7 units sold from release-2009 while according to MS as far as I can tell they had sold 28 million from release to 2008. So removing the year gap Sony has outsold MS). As far as Wii goes Ill put that as the price difference.[/citation]

Did you know that 90% of stats are completely unreliable because people like you use your back ally math to make numbers try and say what you want then to say. I agree with you on one point, i like the ps3 best, but other then that, it has been out sold and it was not the first to try motion controls. like todicamer has clarified for me what i meant is that without the major success of the Wii I'm not sold that Sony and ms would be pushing so hard to capture this market segment. have fun with your voodoo magic though

Status
Not open for further replies.