Please don't be RIP

W_willis101

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
So my ATI Radeon 7960 graphics card switch button, (on my Alienware 17x r4, which will restart my PC to boot instead with the Intel Hd4200 GPU to the ATI Radeon 7960, or vice versa) but something odd happens when I flip it to the ATI... The laptop screen color itself will appear pinkish, yet plugged into my HDMI big screen TV, it appears completely normal. Yet my laptop screen will go back when I switch the dedicated graphics from the ATI, to the GPU Intel I7 Hd4200, just fine. So I cant play my good games because of how pink it looks, unless I'm around an HDMI.
Few noteworthy mentions:
Windows 8.1
8gb Ram
Had the PC in storage for 6 months

So if it's not affecting my HDTV, does that mean my laptop screen is going bad? Because it is perfect on the GPU restart. Flawless actually. But on both activations, the system runs exactly the same. Obviously not graphical, cause it's an embedded VS a 3GB video card. But you get the gyst.
(hopefully)
-William

Solution
Hi,

Here's some troubleshooting steps that might do the trick.
- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features as well since it should have something related to AMD in there as well.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from AMD support site.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Use the Auto Detect feature so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card.
- Lastly reboot it once the latest driver has been installed.
Hi,

Here's some troubleshooting steps that might do the trick.
- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features as well since it should have something related to AMD in there as well.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from AMD support site.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Use the Auto Detect feature so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card.
- Lastly reboot it once the latest driver has been installed.

Solution