please help find laptop

d12321b

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014
I would love to get a new laptop but there are so many. I have made a decision different times but something always changes. So I am looking for a laptop to run minecraft offline, word processing, team fortress 2, skyrim, hl1,and hl2. One of my big problems is that I will be paying with walmart gift card. I don't care about eye candy so as long as it can run on low minimal lag I will be happy. I also don't care if it is on a website like eBay as long
it is $100-$200 under retail.
Thanks in advance.

Need a budget. If you are using a WalMart gift card I am guessing you need to buy it at WalMart which will limit you pretty well in what you can get for gaming. Expect to start at about $600 for a low end gaming system to run the games you want at above the lowest settings.

d12321b

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014

I know that my budget is low but
I really have no way to get money, so to go in to some of the details. I don't care about the screen size I would like Windows Mac if possible but I know that's out of the question. It can be a netbook, I know that netbooks generally slow but I have found a few that meet my requirements. The problem is walmart doesn't sell them.

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

In that case you just will have to keep visiting walmarts till you find something you like. Mac is out of the question and so is windows unless you go for refurbished and somewhere that isn't walmart. Do you feel okay with chromium OS?

There is no netbook that will run the games you want. And you also did not list a budget for the system. Unless you are OK with getting a used laptops, forget anything about gaming for under $600, maybe 500 at low settings and not for all games.

olsaltydog

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
$100-200, you are not finding a system that can do what you want for that low a price. If you really want to play those games, buy a used gaming system xbox or sony and play the games on them, then you can use a cheaper pad for word processing. Other then that your budget needs to get a bump.

d12321b

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014

No I really would not like to use chrome for many different reasons.

olsaltydog

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
Now just because this still looks a little weird to me, how do you plan to pay for a laptop (from say eBay) with a Walmart gift card? That would mean eBay is out of the question along with any other store, your only option would be what they offer at Walmart and to get the most bang for your buck you could wait for black Friday.

d12321b

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014

Sorry for the late response, but I will pay for eBay items because they are at least 100 under retail than my 100 dollar gift cart will be saved for later.