please help me choose a speaker replacement

Rhesa_

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
good day everyone, i wanna ask a couple of question regarding my speaker

so my current speaker is Harman Kardon's Soundstick III ( i believe, since i lost the box. i googled it up and it looks identical to my current speaker ). I bought this speaker somewhere between 2005-2006. And this speaker is now pretty much worn out i guess. the audio jacks doesn't held up any longer ( both satellites are on and off so frequently, i guess it has to do with its old age ) and I'm looking for a replacement. As much as i love this speaker, its time to let it go.

the question is, what kind of speaker gives me the similar sound characteristic to my current speaker? have been googling up and i set my eyes on bose's acousticmass3 series V. is it a good purchase ? or any good alternatives out there? and most importantly, does it gives me best bang for bucks?

my budget is somewhere around $200-250, 300 is okay but not favorable. and please don't suggest me to switching in to headsets. Been looking up and alot of people are suggesting headsets over speakers.I hate headsets. not comfortable for long usage ( for me )

any suggestion guys? much appreciated !