Solved! Please help me choose between these two laptops for gaming!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
HP is the better spec one, aside from the video card possibly, but neither of them is what people would classify as being for gaming. The Dell would actually run faster on the native resolution due to a lower resolution screen but the 4 GB of RAM is bad. I would not buy either of those for more demanding modern games, older games and things like CSGO on lower settings would be OK. Laptops you can't upgrade past some simple things like RAM and drive, so if you buy something that is at the bare minimum of what you want it for, in a few years they are too slow, or won't actually be useful if you try to run things that need more power.

dgd22

Prominent
May 19, 2020
It depends what games you are going to play.
I assume the Inspiron model is the option with Nvidia Geforce MX230 GPU. In genera MX230 is a better video card, but those 4 GB RAM are no go for gaming machine, even for regular word processing and browsing kind of laptop 8 GB are the minimum these days.
If I am playing Overwatch, I would go for the HP – more RAM, better resolution, 15-inch, and the video card will perform similar to MX230 on medium settings.
As for Resident Evil 3, I think not.

Last edited:
Reactions: abramzayed123
HP is the better spec one, aside from the video card possibly, but neither of them is what people would classify as being for gaming. The Dell would actually run faster on the native resolution due to a lower resolution screen but the 4 GB of RAM is bad. I would not buy either of those for more demanding modern games, older games and things like CSGO on lower settings would be OK. Laptops you can't upgrade past some simple things like RAM and drive, so if you buy something that is at the bare minimum of what you want it for, in a few years they are too slow, or won't actually be useful if you try to run things that need more power.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.