I bought a new GP622QE LEOPARD PRO MSI notebook. It's an $800 gaming notebook, so it should handle fine. But then, I got a few larger games. Just Cause 3, for example, would run at 15 fps, then 10, then 5, and now 3. My stats are well above and/or meet the recommended requirements. I got it in November, so it isn't NEW, but it isn't old either. Check the stats online please, I can't access them due to another issue. All I know for sure is it has an i7 9770 quad-core and a NVIDIA GTX950M graphics card. Now even games like TF2 run on 3 fps instead of 90. Please help me, I'm in desperate need of it.
Please do try a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot, set Nvidia as the default GPU.
- Here's how: http/nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F
- If all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows as well.
- And lastly, clean the inside of the laptop as well and apply new thermal paste on the CPU and GPU.