Please help pricing laptop for resell.

cadenox8

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
I have an "old" laptop (by today's standards) that i am looking to resell to someone. I forget exactly how old the laptop is but I payed about $800-$1000 for it new. If anyone could help me figure out a good selling price that would be greatly appreciated! The laptop is a Asus F75VD-NS51 and specifications are listed in two locations. I have a pastebin or you can goto Newegg. Thank you in advance for those who will try to help!

Solution
$300 is about the very maximum I would expect this to fetch, assuming good condition. Anything more, I think you're in for a long, possibly fruitless, wait while you find the exact perfect seller.

Simply put, $800-$1000 new wasn't really a great value at the time as the specs are kind of awkward - the GPU isn't actually really an upgrade over the mobile HD 4000 graphics in this CPU, so the 610m isn't much of a lure, since it only saves system resources, not actually providing a boost. This laptop is going to get a *lot* of pushback because in the $300-$500 level, you'll find a lot of basic laptops new that will match or sometimes beat this one.

I'm not even sure you can get $300, but you might.

TaqiChauhan

Estimable
Jan 17, 2015
Pricing a used item depends on many factors like how much you used it, when you bought it, whats the condition from outside, how much battery timing does it give, why are you selling it etc.
The best way to price a used stuff is search some sites which sell used stuff. Search your laptop there. Check there prices and then give your price according to those. Make sure you check your country current price of this laptop.
BTW I have sold lots of stuff and have worked in a used stuff shop.
The calculations we used to buy used stuff was:
Subtract 33% of current price of that stuff because once you open the box 33% price is cut, then subtract additional 5% to 10% because it is used stuff now. Then subtract the prices looking at the condition of the stuff.
This method was used in the shop I worked!
I hope it helps. Don't know if the same method applies in other countries though!

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from cadenox8 : "Help pricing out laptop for resell to secondary owner"

DSzymborski

Distinguished
$300 is about the very maximum I would expect this to fetch, assuming good condition. Anything more, I think you're in for a long, possibly fruitless, wait while you find the exact perfect seller.

Simply put, $800-$1000 new wasn't really a great value at the time as the specs are kind of awkward - the GPU isn't actually really an upgrade over the mobile HD 4000 graphics in this CPU, so the 610m isn't much of a lure, since it only saves system resources, not actually providing a boost. This laptop is going to get a *lot* of pushback because in the $300-$500 level, you'll find a lot of basic laptops new that will match or sometimes beat this one.

I'm not even sure you can get $300, but you might.

Solution