Please review my desktop

mamacow

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I just received a computer for Christmas. I wanted an Intel Core i7 processor,not AMD. My sister got me this -

HP ENVY 700qe Desktop PC

• Windows 8.1 64
• 4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 processor quad-core[3.4GHz,8MB Shared Cache]
• 2GB AMD Radeon HD 8570 [DVI, HDMI & VGA via Adapter]
• 12GB DDR3-1600MHz [2 DIMM ]
• 2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
• No Secondary HDD
• Microsoft(R) Office Home and Student 2013
• Security software trial
• SuperMulti DVD Burner
• 15-in-1 Multi-slot Media Card Reader, 4 USB Ports (Front/Top), Audio [Front 2USB2.0, Top 2USB3.0]
• TV Tuner- ATSC/NTSC with PVR, No Remote
• Integrated Sound, Envy Audio; Beats Audio
• HP USB volume control keyboard and mouse with remote control
• Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth(R)(1x1)
• 460W Power supply

I looked through her stuff and found out she paid $900.

Is this a good computer?
Is this truly a Intel 17 when it reads AMD ?
Why does it include AMD Radeon HD 8570?
What is AMD Radeon HD 8570?
Please help me as I am clueless about such things and I am a mother of 7 under age 12 & too busy to educate myself much.

Solution
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/8000/Pages/8570.aspx
info on the gpu installed in the pc.
as a mother with a few kids the pc not bad for the price that was paid for it. as your not a tech it have a warranty and the os on the hard drive if you need to reinstall it. it not a gaming pc "if your kids go mom it wont play x game".
most gaming pc are a lot more money and most people build there own or buy a pc built for gaming with higher end parts. (gpu and power supply.). as long as you keep the food and drinks away from the pc and once a year have a tech friend blow the dust out of the pc and check that the cpu/gpu fans are moving the pc should last you for a long time.)
one thing look online here on toms and other real tech...

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/8000/Pages/8570.aspx
info on the gpu installed in the pc.
as a mother with a few kids the pc not bad for the price that was paid for it. as your not a tech it have a warranty and the os on the hard drive if you need to reinstall it. it not a gaming pc "if your kids go mom it wont play x game".
most gaming pc are a lot more money and most people build there own or buy a pc built for gaming with higher end parts. (gpu and power supply.). as long as you keep the food and drinks away from the pc and once a year have a tech friend blow the dust out of the pc and check that the cpu/gpu fans are moving the pc should last you for a long time.)
one thing look online here on toms and other real tech pages on keeping your pc safe on the internet. what broswers not tpo use and to watch out for drive by pop ups and installers. also fake online links and web pages.

Solution