PocketGear site problems

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Is anyone else unable to access PocketGear?? I've been havig problems for
over a week - I was only able to access the site once this past week! I
can't believe that it's only me!

Thanks...


=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.4
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

No problems here!

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:43:54 -0400, James R. Trosky
<jamestrosky@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is anyone else unable to access PocketGear?? I've been havig problems for
>over a week - I was only able to access the site once this past week! I
>can't believe that it's only me!
>
>Thanks...
>
>
>=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.4
 

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
354
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

James R. Trosky wrote:
> Is anyone else unable to access PocketGear?? I've been havig problems for
> over a week - I was only able to access the site once this past week! I
> can't believe that it's only me!

Yes, it's been down a lot. Quite a shame as most rival sites use their
links for the download files! Are you also on AOL?


> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.4

wow I used Mozilla.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

No, my ISP is Comcast. I agree about the file links - for example, I have
been trying to download the latest version of Qusnetsoft NewsReader, but
everyone has it linked to PocetGear, even the author!! I ended up
downloading the CAB file from the authors website since it is not a link to
PocketGear!

At least I know that I'm not the only one... Thanks!


=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.4

----- Original Message -----
From: Marc <see@signature.url> Sent: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:21:25 Subject: Re:
PocketGear site problems


James R. Trosky wrote:
> Is anyone else unable to access PocketGear?? I've been havig problems
> for over a week - I was only able to access the site once this past
> week! I can't believe that it's only me!

Yes, it's been down a lot. Quite a shame as most rival sites use their
links for the download files! Are you also on AOL?


> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.4

wow I used Mozilla.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

No problems here also, for at least half a week.

It seems to me that they have quietly updated DNS addresses, and not all the
DNSs around the world updated themselves.

Maybe you should request your ISP to do a DNS update.

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com


"James R. Trosky" <jamestrosky@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1089654234@jamestrosky.hotmail.com...
> Is anyone else unable to access PocketGear?? I've been havig problems for
> over a week - I was only able to access the site once this past week! I
> can't believe that it's only me!
>
> Thanks...
>
>
> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.4
 

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
354
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

James R. Trosky wrote:
> No, my ISP is Comcast. I agree about the file links - for example, I have
> been trying to download the latest version of Qusnetsoft NewsReader, but
> everyone has it linked to PocetGear, even the author!! I ended up
> downloading the CAB file from the authors website since it is not a link to
> PocketGear!
>
> At least I know that I'm not the only one... Thanks!

I was also trying to get that same program about two days ago... maybe
this is a conspiracy?!

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
 

Jim

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
730
0
18,930
0
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:43:54 -0400, James R. Trosky
<jamestrosky@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is anyone else unable to access PocketGear?? I've been havig problems for
>over a week - I was only able to access the site once this past week! I
>can't believe that it's only me!
>
>Thanks...

Same here ... site has been very poor (via Earthlink). Sometimes DNS
fails ... other times it is slow or times out.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY