Portal 2 Release Disrupts Educational System

Status
Not open for further replies.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Wow, this sounds like an advertisement for Valve... good work Tom's! Now you have set a precedent and have to do this for episode 3 as well.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
"Due to the high number of students that are feigning illness to play Portal [2], there will be no class tomorrow, April 19."

Sounds like a lame excuse for the teacher to play Portal 2.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
That picture was on Failblog, BTW.

And it's not disrupting the people who actually have exams at this point in time- such as myself.

If it was high school/other I'd be playing Portal 2 now!

linford585

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]I call major BS. No educational institution would do this. NONE.[/citation]

No where here did it say that an entire university was shut down. A professor canceled their class, as they may do, at any time, to their own discretion.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I don't care if it's so awesome that the radiance shining off of it will power my house with free energy for 1000 years. I'm still holding out for the inevitable 50% off sale.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
WTF, I was going to buy the ps3 version for my little brother when I had the money, and I already bought the pc version. if I had known I could save 40 bucks with the ps3 version I would have bought that!

Valve seems to be screwing me intentionally lately!

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]"Due to the high number of students that are feigning illness to play Portal [2], there will be no class tomorrow, April 19."Sounds like a lame excuse for the teacher to play Portal 2.[/citation]
An excuse, sure. But hardly lame.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]linford585[/nom]No where here did it say that an entire university was shut down. A professor canceled their class, as they may do, at any time, to their own discretion.[/citation]
My old ChemE professors would just have taken a mental note to test heavily on anything lectured on that day and held class as normal.

ithurtswhenipee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]I call major BS. No educational institution would do this. NONE.[/citation]
Spoken like someone who has never been to college.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
meh before all this steam b.s. we just played as a LAN in class and used our headphones. it brought juvenile 3rd grade hijinx back into play on a grand scheme to disrupt your opposition with a spit wad on their laptop screen around their recticle as they were trying to shoot you.
ya we got lectured about other things then class material on those days.
i miss college, i would go back and do it all again for another degree in something else except nobody leaves their wifi areas any more and the dude you just shot a spit ball into their ears turn out not to be the jerk that kept cappin you with an invincibility hack because he's on a different server or in a different session of the same game +_+
and yes i have had a professor un officially cancel a class by giving out a book reading assignment inorder to sit down and play with the rest of us,twas the best!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
this is sad...i personally would never, ever stand in line just to get an over-rated game unless you pay me 1 billion...zillion dollars :)

web11

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Too bad portal gives me motion sickness :( I've had Portal 2 for the 360 for a week now but haven't bothered to play because of that.

pacapaca

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]this is sad...i personally would never, ever stand in line just to get an over-rated game unless you pay me 1 billion...zillion dollars[/citation]

Digital download...

pclee

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I think steam is ending the age of RTFM. Who's gonna bother to RTFM when you can download the game and you would have to transfer the pdf to an e-reader or other device before you could take it to the "reading room" (that's the toilet folks)? Anyway...to Portal 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.