Possible iPhone 5 Pictures Posted Online; Has Longer Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

obsama1

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
They won't make it 4in, since the PPI will drop below 300. That means they'll have to go a different res. and devs will have to add in extra code to optimize it for the new iPhone, which'll be a pain and take a while for most apps to be properly coded for the new screen. And the new dock connector will not work out. There are thousands of accessories that use the "old" dock connector and new versions will have to be made. What if you want to dock your iPhone in a friend's dock(speaker for example), and it's an older version? This is fake.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Ya know, it was interesting when the iphone 1 and 2 came out...
now there's 5, and soon there will be 6, 7, 8... and I couldn't care less.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Vladislaus[/nom]I find it odd that Apple will change the aspect ration of the screen.[/citation]
That was my first thought. All existing apps will either be stretched or have black bars, thus ruining the apple "it just works" feeling that so many people count on.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]obsama1[/nom]They won't make it 4in, since the PPI will drop below 300. That means they'll have to go a different res. and devs will have to add in extra code to optimize it for the new iPhone, which'll be a pain and take a while for most apps to be properly coded for the new screen. And the new dock connector will not work out. There are thousands of accessories that use the "old" dock connector and new versions will have to be made. What if you want to dock your iPhone in a friend's dock(speaker for example), and it's an older version? This is fake.[/citation]Since when did apple gave a f**ck about the consumer ? Whant the new model ? no working old dock ? buy new one. :) Anyway if it is bigger is just because now it really looks like a Galaxy so they can ban Samsung for selling a rectangular phone that looks just like the iphone :))

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
which one is the iphone5 the top one or bottom one? seriously idiots can you label the phones so we can figure this out? i mean this isnt rocket science here...

cold fire

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]which one is the iphone5 the top one or bottom one? seriously idiots can you label the phones so we can figure this out? i mean this isnt rocket science here...[/citation]
I see what you did there.. or maybe it's just my immature mind!

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]shine8210[/nom]They made it longer so that they can push it further up your ass when you buy it.[/citation]
Then you should be very happy with the new iPhone since it will provide your a$$ with additional pleasure. Maybe if you contact Apple they can "rib" it for you as well.

nuvon

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Can someone tell me why Apple haters hate Apple? Is it because of jealousy or because the products sucks or because these haters can't afford it or...whatever, just tell me. As far as I can remember, I still haven't read anything from Android haters

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]Can someone tell me why Apple haters hate Apple? Is it because of jealousy or because the products sucks or because these haters can't afford it or...whatever, just tell me. As far as I can remember, I still haven't read anything from Android haters[/citation]
- Apple takes technology already available (esp. freely available code, see their OS), gives it a small design twist and then patents it;
-after that, it start suing everyone else that uses the same technology, in a genuine patent troll style;
-they turned open systems into closed ones, forbidding any innovation that does not come directly from them;
-they've ripped their customers off with their overpriced gadgets for years, forbidding them to use any other devices that might have been compatible with their OS (see hackintosh cases);
-they are the prototype of off-shoring, the model for any other greedy company to aspire;
-despite their huge profit margins, they continue to do nothing about the working conditions of the ones who actually build their devices;
-due to their current popularity, they are becoming a genuine threat to the spirit of freedom of technological innovation worldwide. In a Apple world, the guys from XDA would be thrown in jail because of innumerate "infringements";
Just a few possible reasons I can think of right now. Others are free to chime in.
Last but not least, I am not a hater of any sorts, I can't be, partly due to my profession; I just see things as they are, and FYI, I can afford to purchase ANY piece of technology I wish. I just choose to... have a choice, and I exercise my choice carefully. That's it; I am not engaging in any flame war on this forum, so anyone tempted, don't bother. I would rather spend some constructive time on the hardware posts forum, helping people the best I can with their H/W or S/W issues in my spare time. Been doing that for a while and gives me pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.