Possible Power Problem with my Element TV Model ELEFW605

Aug 22, 2018
Hello,

I have an Element 60" TV, Model ELEFW605. I bought it for $30 and am trying to fix it. So far I've been able to determine that the panel is still good, I can see the picture on the screen via a flashlight test. I'm thinking the problem lies within either the Power supply/Led driver board or a problem with the LED lights. When I turn on the TV roughly 15-20 seconds after I hear a kind of a pop sound which I think is coming form the power supply/led driver board. One aspect that is frustrating me is that I did a volt meter test on the power supply board and the results were questionable. At first I got very low reading but after moving my ground I got really high readings on my 5v and 12v pins but after a short while I was unable to reproduce those high numbers. Any help for a confused person such as myself?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I've also discovered that when I pull the plug from the outlet while the TV is on the screen will flash at full brightness for the briefest of moments before powering down.

Solution
google your tv and that issue. you may find what part was the one that failed most and if it a cap issue what caps to replace. also if you can find a service repair man online. it help with finding out the right voltages and where to test from.

paulchezter

Notable
Aug 11, 2018
There can be replaceable parts or possible for the whole board to be replaced. If some capacitors or parts are faulty, there are chances it might work, there are chances that it might not work. Just giving a suggestion especially if this is an old TV, it could be really damaged.

google your tv and that issue. you may find what part was the one that failed most and if it a cap issue what caps to replace. also if you can find a service repair man online. it help with finding out the right voltages and where to test from.

Solution