Solved! Possible Reset problems

Nov 12, 2018
My Acer laptop is refusing to start at all, there is a blue light showing in the light bar and that is all, if I push the power up button nothing happens at all, not sound what so ever.
This leaves me in a place of nowhere.
If I use that little hole in the back of the Acer aspire ES-15 laptop to do a hard reset, will I loose the photos that I have selected previously before I shut the laptop down. These are family photos that I was selecting for family calendars as presents.

Solution
I don't think the pinhole 'Reset' function will do nothing anyway (ie it won't reset) if the laptop is not powering up, so that's not even an option. That Reset button only works if the laptop is actually running. There's something wrong with the power internally if the laptop appears to be dead.
I don't think the pinhole 'Reset' function will do nothing anyway (ie it won't reset) if the laptop is not powering up, so that's not even an option. That Reset button only works if the laptop is actually running. There's something wrong with the power internally if the laptop appears to be dead.

Solution
Nov 12, 2018
Thank you Phillip,
If I had of had my thinking hat on I would had of thought of this, what you said makes more sense than anything else. I was not thinking clearly at all if I was I would have come up with the same answer, I would say it needs to go to a repair person as I do not have the skill to rectify this problem. Thanks again. Wayne.