Possible "svchost.exe" Virus ?

aciddemon123

Estimable
Jun 11, 2014
Hi.

This seems really awkward in my point of view , do you guys think this is a virus ?
If so , could you tell me how to fix this ,if there is any specific anti-virus suitable for this kind of situation ?

http://i.imgur.com/RUVLBh4.png

I also noticed i have some setup exe's that are 1GB-2GB and i cant delete them because it says they are currently in use?
Any idea about that?
I tried deleting small setups , and it deleted normally.

Thanks.

Solution
svchost is basically a middle man application that then runs other processes for windows services.

Any windows installation will have multiple instances of svchost.exe running so this is nothing to be concerned of.

Now there have been several viruses that named the run file as svchost.exe to hide itself from the user and less intelligent virus/malware scanners.
As another user stated, if the svchost.exe file is NOT in the sytem32 folder, then it is a virus.
svchost is basically a middle man application that then runs other processes for windows services.

Any windows installation will have multiple instances of svchost.exe running so this is nothing to be concerned of.

Now there have been several viruses that named the run file as svchost.exe to hide itself from the user and less intelligent virus/malware scanners.
As another user stated, if the svchost.exe file is NOT in the sytem32 folder, then it is a virus.

Solution