Power Adapter getting scorching hot

braincruser

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Sometimes when i play the power adapter gets extremelly hot, im talking scorching hot, i didnt measure it but the temperature was probably around 120-150C, i even burned myself the first time when i touched it. anyone knows how to prevent it from getting that hot.
i was playing skyrim for about 4-6 hours this time.
My specs:
Asus K53-SV
i3-2310m
8gb ram
500gb hdd
GT 540m(OC @ 725(672 orig) mhz core,960mhz memory)

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
keep it off soft surfaces (like beds & lounges)

Being you have overclocked your graphics card your drawing more power than the stock system.

ASUS normally have a 19v DC power adapter somewhere around 3.5-4 amp
you can look at getting an aftermarket power pack that is rated higher than the stock adapter and will therefor run cooler.

YOU MUST KEEP THE VOLTAGE EXACTLY THE SAME
the Amps you need atleast what the orgional had but you can go as high as you like as the laptop will only draw what it needs to run.

so if ur laptop draws 3.9amp and you have a 4.5amp adapter it will only draw 3.9 meaning the adapter dosnt do as much work and will run cooler

or just turn your Video card back to stock.

Jacquelim

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Acctually, It's very normal the adapter will get hot especially when your laptop is running up. But usually not that hot as you said. I strongly Suggest you get a new adapter. I have this problem before, and I got a new one from RAVPower. It's little hot sometimes, basically works fine. Another thing is you should have a good ventilation environment when you use your laptop.

TRENDING THREADS