Power Jack On Laptop Not Working

goldensun87

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2012
So, I went to sleep Tuesday night with my laptop on and plugged in, like I always do. I wake up to see that my laptop is off, and even though it is still plugged in, it is receiving no power from the power supply. I was hoping that the power supply/charger had stopped working, because that is easy to replace. I bought the new charger several hours ago and tried it, but it did not work. This particular charger's light blinks when I plug it into the laptop's power jack. So now, even though I have two perfectly working power supplies for my laptop, I cannot charge my laptop's battery nor can I provide power to my laptop to turn it on.

I want to replace the power jack, but I don't know if the part I need will be available or not. This laptop is a Digital Storm build I bought back in 2012. I cannot remember the exact model number, but, I can say that it has a 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM, and Geforce GTX 670M GPU, and I think it is the Intel i3 Quad Core CPU with 2.3 GHz. I've removed many screws already, and I'm quite certain that every screw is the same size, but I'm not sure how many more I have to remove, and more importantly, whether I have to remove the fans and heatsinks in order to reach more vital screws, before I can remove the bottom casing in order to reach the power jack.

So, I need either a disassembly video or guide, in order to complete the dismantling, or, I was thinking if there was a device with which I could just charge the battery. It would have to be something which I can plug the battery itself into in order to recharge it, NOT a portable power bank, those need to be plugged into the laptop's power jack, which is not an option at the moment. The latter would be a temporary fix which would allow me to use my laptop for 2 hours at a time, but if anyone can help me with either solution, I would appreciate it.

One more thing: The laptop's hard drive was pretty easy to remove, so if anyone can direct me to a USB adapter which will allow me to plug the drive into my desktop, that will at least enable me to access files that I need to retrieve from it.

Edit: I found out that this Digital Storm Laptop is actually a Clevo P151EM1. I hope that helps you guys to give me a good answer.

Solution
Hi, do you have an extra connector in your desktop for the hard drive? Before changing the DC jack, you have to measure if you have power on the motherboard on the jack, if you have the voltage, no need to change it.