Powershot A460 problem

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
Hello, I have a Canon Powershot A460 from a few years ago.
The problem is when I take a picture from distance, further than macro range, the pictures get yellow and a bit blurred:
kL8ACkc.jpg
g4soFA6.jpg

I checked it's not from the settings, I double checked them.
What could be the problem?

Solution
I would still bet it's a dirty lens, but it could also just be sensor/sensor amp problems that require the camera to be replaced. Try cleaning the lens first, if not it's probably a sensor amp issue. You can try shooting with low ISO and long shutter to check. Just make sure you use a DC powered LED, since the third possibility is that you just have poorly maintained lamps and you're just capturing the cycling.
I would still bet it's a dirty lens, but it could also just be sensor/sensor amp problems that require the camera to be replaced. Try cleaning the lens first, if not it's probably a sensor amp issue. You can try shooting with low ISO and long shutter to check. Just make sure you use a DC powered LED, since the third possibility is that you just have poorly maintained lamps and you're just capturing the cycling.

Solution

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
I did a long exposure and ended up with something very messed up, I thought in only happened with the flash on and non-macro distances, but this was new.
15 sec exposure
80 ISO
The one that looks like modern art(blue) is the one with long exposure.
The other one is normal on auto mode with flash.
12162389_762658950528997_1417321361_o.jpg

12119717_762659743862251_965845322_o.jpg

Well, there's basically no way to fix that without a new camera, so you'll have to live with these photos until you can make a budget.

You can try updating the firmware (unlikely a consumer camera has upgrades available though), but even if it helps it won't do away with the issue.