Prestigio Multipad 4 Quantum 9.7 Tablet Charging.

jukesie

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Hi all. I have looked for answers to this but most posts I find online are regarding Android mobiles and not Tablets, so I resigned myself to asking here.

As stated in the title, the Prestigio Multipad is the offending article and I received it as a Christmas present.

I don't use it for anything overly stressful, like surfing the web or whatnot, it's more of a little time occupier for books and Sudoku while at work, so as you can tell the battery isn't hammered into submission.

The problem I have is that the battery will not hold a charge. Using the wall socket many times it won't charge at all, and even loses battery sitting idle. The only time I can seem to charge it properly is from the USB connection, and even then it's not lightening quick to reach capacity.

I do understand that wireless, background apps and such can all run down a battery but even when I switch those off it runs down very quickly. People talk about 4+ hours of battery life on this tablet but I can not see how.

I was hoping that someone knew of a solution or had a similar issue that might help me shed some light on it. As I've said it is still under warranty so it's no huge heart ache.

Thank you for your time.

Solution
An AC adapter and a USB port provide the same charging capacity (or should anyway) and should charge the battery equally as well. As long as the battery is charging and holding a charge, you should be okay.

This could also be a defective battery if it seems to drain too quickly. Just to be safe, while under warranty, I would recommend an exchange.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It sounds like your charger (the one you plug into the wall) is defective, as you are able to charge via a USB port connection. I would suggest you exchange the charger under warranty, at a minimum.

Regarding battery use, try reducing your screen brightness and disable devices (like bluetooth) when not in use.

Good luck!

jukesie

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010

Forgive my error. I forgot to add those exact points.

I received a brand new charger from an online shop today and the charging is still struggling, hence why I wrote this question in the first place. I also make sure to switch my tablet to "Airplane Mode" when I set it to standby. I never have Bluetooth running either.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
An AC adapter and a USB port provide the same charging capacity (or should anyway) and should charge the battery equally as well. As long as the battery is charging and holding a charge, you should be okay.

This could also be a defective battery if it seems to drain too quickly. Just to be safe, while under warranty, I would recommend an exchange.

Solution