printer hook up

JoeyB11

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
i need to hook up a wired printer to my nextbook 10.1. i have downloaded the drivers from hp already ad its only got the micro usb slot. i need something that will 100 percent work as this is for my job.

Solution
Truth be told, none of these connections are 100% reliable. Your best bet is a printer directly connected via USB, and I keep an older printer around when my network printer gets janky.

http://www.amazon.com/Micro-USB-Male-Female-Adapter/dp/B0027YYMU6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427499296&sr=8-2&keywords=microusb+to+usb+adapter

You could try a micro usb to usb adapter. They are inexpensive, but this introduces another layer of complexity.

Your other option is to use a printer than can be used over your network. With the limited ports on your device, this may be a better option. I connect my network printer via Ethernet cable to my router, and access it via WiFi.

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
Truth be told, none of these connections are 100% reliable. Your best bet is a printer directly connected via USB, and I keep an older printer around when my network printer gets janky.

http://www.amazon.com/Micro-USB-Male-Female-Adapter/dp/B0027YYMU6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427499296&sr=8-2&keywords=microusb+to+usb+adapter

You could try a micro usb to usb adapter. They are inexpensive, but this introduces another layer of complexity.

Your other option is to use a printer than can be used over your network. With the limited ports on your device, this may be a better option. I connect my network printer via Ethernet cable to my router, and access it via WiFi.

Solution
What is your printer model? What interfaces does it have?
With that s&^%y computer, your only options are to find wireless print server, and **somehow** make it connect to your tablet even in the field (without a router)

Anyway - your employer could spend a little bit more than $179 for a tablet/laptop which will do the job (one wihch has USB interface). With 1gb of ram, and sloppy Atom CPU, it will choke on everything but basic computing tasks (not to talk about cramped keyboard and terrible display). You (or him/her) cannot expect to move a boulder with tooth picks.

JoeyB11

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015

ill definitely try that. its worth a shot. thank you.

JoeyB11

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015

my printer is a Hp PSC 1410v all in one printer with the squared bus cable hookup. the only thing i use the nextbook 10.1 is for my job and the printer is just to print invoices prior to going out to the job.

JoeyB11

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015

yes i do have a wireless network at home with router